Saturday, October 10, 2009

CONCRETE

I be on a lot of blogs thru out the day just to pass time and expand my mind….One blog in particular I Be on is my boy Lewis H. Williams III and runs www.ihustlenetwork.com. You should check dude out. I want to post one of his threads: "Hustle Tip of the Week: Concrete".

The problem I get when dealing with people is no one is concrete anymore. I feel like if you want success stick to a plan and stick to what’s in the plan. I take issue with people who don’t keep their word and people who don’t have set pricing. You ask a promoter to get a section at a club he says it depends. You call somebody for a website they say its $1,000 and when in the middle of finishing up the site they say $3,000. You ask someone to be somewhere and they can’t give their word because something may come up. In a world of instability is no one concrete anymore? Seems like people are afraid of giving their word in fear of breaking it. Your word is all you have. If you don’t have your word you don’t have shit. If you say you're gonna be somewhere or do something then do it and if you can’t let that person know 2 hours ahead of time. Whenever you give your word your first priority is to keep it. People make it an option to break their word and YOU CAN NOT DO THAT. Then no one will fool with you or feel like they can trust you because your word ain’t shit. I grew up with a dad that sold an empty promise to me and my sister weekly. I have 4 little cousins who want me to pick them up damn near every week. I tell them imma come and I’m there. My cousin Petey told me “When Chip (Lewis) say he gon come he gon come. They was over here sayin’ you wasn’t commin’, but I knew you was.” Even kids know you ain’t shit when your word ain’t good. I knew it as a kid and my little cousins know who is and who ain’t. Your option is never to call and make up and excuse. Your only option is to hold your word or die trying. I had a guy purchase a site from me this week. He paid all the money upfront which was a lot. His statement was “Your not the cheapest person I talked to about a site and your not the most expensive, but you’re the only company I called that was solid.”Somebody has to be the rock in a world full of paper and wind.

-Lewis H. Williams III ihustlenetwork.com stand up…lets go I fux with dude on this one because in my lind of business you get a lot of fakers, no one is concrete anymore. If everyone was had a concrete mentality the world would be a better place ya dig?

No comments:

Post a Comment